- Comfortable protective helmet designed for racing.
Sweet Protection Volata helmet - The no-compromise Volata WC Carbon MIPS is our very best. Especially designed for speed events and used by some of the best Alpine ski racers in the world. The shell is a hybrid pre-preg Carbon fiber and Polyamide fiber construction optimized for the best combination of elasticity and rigidity. The liner is perfectly tuned to the shell with several Impact Shields, our advanced impact absorption technology. In addition, all our 'race helmets' has extra front and rear in-molded Gate Shields to protect the helmet from gate impacts. Additional fetaures are emergency removal Earpads and two-piece ear ports for excellent hearing. For the Volata Helmets we especially developed a unique 3layer MIPS system designed to reduce rotational forces on the brain.
- Full carbon fiber high-end race helmet especially crafted for speed events.
- Our latest technology in FIS-approved race helmets
- Full carbon fiber construction for maximum performance
- Impact Shields; our premium impact protection technology distributing impacts from the inside over a larger area in crucial zones
- Gate Shields; in-molded EPP foam with Polycarbonate to protect the helmet from hitting gates
- Race specific micro adjustment ratchet buckle
- Emergency removal earpads
- Two-piece ear ports for excellent hearing
- Equipped with our unique 3-layer MIPS, a technology that reduces rotational forces on the brain
Pre-Preg Carbon / Polyamide Fiber hybrid Shell
The Carbon Fiber Hybrid shell is our most ad vanced carbon fiber composite shell. Each shell is hand made in an advanced multi-direction lay-up, ensuring optimized impact and penetration performance for speed events. A high pressure molding process makes sure the shell has minimum voids.
3-Layer Multi-directional Impact Protection System 3L-MIPS
A special MIPS solution co-developed with the engineers at MIPS for optimized functionality with the Volata helmet. The 3L-MIPS adds extra protection against rotational motions caused by angled impacts to the head. 3L means three layers. The construction of the 3L-MIPS is optimized for the race ready fit of the Volata helmet. It has two black in-molded static MIPS layers in the front and back, and one yellow MIPS layer in the center that is suspended by two thin multi-directional pockets to enable movement in all directions.
FIS-approved race helmet
Our latest technology in FIS-approved race helmets
EPP (expanded polypropylene) with polycarbonate shells in-molded into the main EPS liner to protect the shock absorbing structure of the helmet from gate impacts. The Gate Shields are placed in the front and the back of the helmet, as the gates tend to bend after an impact in the front and hit the helmet in the back as well.
The impact shields are designed to provide unsurpassed performance for shock absorbance. It distributes impact forces from the inside of the helmet over larger areas in crucial zones where the head needs it the most.
3D RACE INTERIOR
3D shaped vented lining. Moisture wicking, removable, washable. Quick release emergency removal ear pads. Race specific micro adjustment ratchet buckle.